Fire Grants News
Fire Grants Announcements
Free Grant Assistance
- Bariatric Lifts
- Chembio/Hazmat PPE
- CO Screening
- Driving Simulation
- Exhaust Removal Systems
- Extrication Equipment
- Fire/EMS Software
- Firefighter Personnel Locators
- HazMat Training
- Incident Command
- Mobile Data Terminals
- Online Training
- Oxygen Generators
- Patient Monitoring/Defibrillators
- Patient Simulation
- Personal Escape Systems
- Personal Protective Equipment - PPE
- Rehab Equipment
- Simulation Software
- Stabilization and Lifting Equipment
- Technical Rescue
- Thermal Imaging Cameras
- Turnout Gear
- Vehicle Equipment
- Video Systems
- Wildland Gear
- Wildland PPE
Fire Grants Links
Fire Grants Announcements
AFG Support for Hurricane Sandy Relief Efforts and 2012 SAFER Update
As you are aware, FEMA is working closely with its state and local partners in supporting disaster response and recovery operations throughout the areas impacted by Hurricane Sandy. More than 5,000 FEMA employees have been deployed, including many members of the Assistance to Firefighters Grant (AFG) staff, both regional staff members and headquarters (HQ) staff members in Washington, DC.
However, the AFG Program continues to maintain operations. If you have current awards, your grant functions (payments, amendments, etc.) will be processed as quickly as possible. In addition, we anticipate resuming FY 2012 AFG and Staffing for Adequate Fire and Emergency Response (SAFER) Grant award announcements within the next 2 weeks.
If you are unable to reach specific AFG regional or HQ staff members during this period, please contact the AFG Help Desk for assistance. The Help Desk can be reached toll free at 1-866-274-0960 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
To follow FEMA’s Hurricane Sandy Relief efforts, please visit the FEMA website at FEMA.gov | Federal Emergency Management Agency.
UPDATE ON FY 2012 SAFER FUNDING
Award announcements began in September but were suspended temporarily at the end of the 2012 fiscal year to await the availability of funding under the Continuing Resolution. Once award announcements resume, they will continue on a rolling basis until all available FY 2012 funds have been awarded. Each week, the list of new 2012 SAFER awardees will be posted on the Awards pages of the AFG website.
Who Submitted SAFER Applications?
The AFG received a total of 1,552 applications for 2012 SAFER grants, with the majority of applicants (63 percent) requesting Hiring of Firefighters grants. The other 37 percent requested grants for the Recruitment and Retention of Volunteer Firefighters. Additional information is provided below about the organizations that requested FY 2012 SAFER funding.
AFG Home Page: www.fema.gov/firegrants
AFG Help Desk: E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone Toll-Free: 1-866-274-0960