Amount: $30 million for 2012-1016
Open Date for Application:
Application Due Date: Oct 2013 est.
Fire companies and volunteer ambulance services may apply for a grant in up to two of the program categories. Volunteer fire companies that also provide volunteer ambulance service are eligible to apply for both a volunteer fire company grant and a volunteer ambulance service grant. Program categories include:
- Construction and/or renovation of the fire company's or ambulance service's facility and purchase or repair of fixtures and furnishings necessary to maintain or improve the capability of the company to provide fire, ambulance and rescue services.
- Purchase or repair of firefighting, ambulance or rescue equipment.
- Debt reduction associated with the facility (1) or equipment (2) categories above.
- Training and certification of members.
Fire Company - A volunteer fire company or a municipal fire company.
- Volunteer Fire Company - A nonprofit organization that provides fire protection or rescue services and which may offer other voluntary emergency services . Voluntary emergency services provided by a volunteer fire company may include voluntary ambulance and voluntary rescue services. (Grant awards shall be not less than $2,500 and not more than $15,000 for each eligible volunteer fire company.)
- Volunteer Ambulance Service - Any nonprofit chartered organization that is licensed by the Pennsylvania Department of Health and is not associated or affiliated with any hospital. The service my be regularly engaged in the provision of emergency medical services, including basic life support or advanced life support services and the transportation of patients.
- Volunteer Rescue Companies - A nonprofit chartered organization that provides rescue services as part of the response to fires and/or vehicle accidents within this Commonwealth. (Grant awards shall be not less than $2,500 and not more than $15,000 for each eligible volunteer rescue company.)
Award Amounts:: $15,000 for fire companies and $10,000 for volunteer ambulance services. Minimum award of $2,500
Application Period: expected to open September 2013 and run for 45 days
Organization: Pennsylvania - Office of the State Fire Commissioner
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org