Fire Grants News
Fire Grants Announcements
Free Grant Assistance
- CO Screening
- Decision Support Software
- Driving Simulation
- Exhaust Removal Systems
- Gear Racks/Storage
- Patient Handling
- Patient Simulation
- Personal Protective Equipment - PPE
- Rehab Equipment
- Stabilization and Lifting Equipment
- Thermal Imaging Cameras
- Turnout Gear
- Vehicle Equipment
- Water Supply
- Wildland Gear
- Wildland PPE
Fire Grants Links
Fire Grants Articles
Date last updated: Tuesday, April 27, 17:30 PST
Pre-AFG application submission planning
By Sarah Wilson
As you get ready to submit your application for Vehicles, Operations & Safety, and Regional Projects, there are several items you can prepare ahead of time to ensure your department's success.
The AFG Grant Application Process can be intimidating, but our FireGrantsHelp team hopes to give you and your department not only encouragement, but also the proper guidance and resources to keep the Grant Application Process positive and — most importantly — rewarding.
5 things you need to do before you submit your application
1. Read the entire Solicitation: Download the available PDF for reference.
2. Register with the Online Application System: Applications under the FY 2010 AFG will be accessible at https://portal.fema.gov/famsVuWeb/home. Please note that the application can be saved and retrieved as many times as needed to complete it, up to the application deadline or the submittal of the application.
3. NIMS Compliance: Each active member of your department is strongly encouraged to take or have taken the NIMS 700 basic course by May 28. The course, "National Incident Management System, An Introduction — IS 700" is offered free of charge online through the Emergency Management Institute at http://training.fema.gov/emiweb/is/is700a.asp.
4. DUNS: The Duns Universal Numbering System allows the government to track where federal money is being distributed and how it's being utilized. It can take 24 to 48 hours to get a DUNS number. If you need one, call 866-705-5711 or apply online at http://fedgov.dnb.com/webform.
5. Take the Online Tutorial: This not only takes you through program guidance, but it also goes over the entire application for 2009, step by step http://www.firegrantsupport.com/content/html/program/GrantsTutorial.aspx.