Fire Grants Tips
Tips for Finding State Funding
Tips for Finding State Funding for Fire and EMS departments. full tip »
Top 5 Reasons Why Applications Do Not Make it to Panel Review
There are five main reasons why Assistance to Firefighters Grants applications do not make it to panel review. full tip »
Get another set of eyes on your grant narrative
By preparing your grant narrative ahead of time, you allow for others to proofread... full tip »
Fire Grants Poll
How often do you visit FireGrantsHelp.com?
Fire Grants News and Articles
Date last updated: Wednesday, January 14, 9:29 PST
Pa. grant program funds local departments
The Public Opinion (Chambersburg, Pennsylvania)
HARRISBURG, Pa. — Rep. Todd Rock, R-Mont Alto, announced Tuesday that 12 local emergency medical services providers and volunteer fire companies serving the 90th Legislative District have been awarded approximately $101,770 from a grant program administered by the Pennsylvania Emergency Management Agency and Office of the State Fire Commissioner.
"Franklin County's first-responders are definitely not exempt from the hardships of the ongoing economic recession, especially when it comes to individual fundraising" said Rock. "Now more than ever, this guaranteed funding is absolutely critical in helping these brave men and women extinguish any necessary financial fires so that they are properly equipped and prepared to respond to actual emergencies."
Specific recipients and grant amounts awarded are as follows:
• Marion Volunteer Fire Company, $11,367.68, and Emergency Medical Services, $4,916.86.
• Mercersburg Montgomery Peters and Warren Fire Company, $11,367.68, and Emergency Medical Services, $4,916.86.
• Mont Alto Volunteer Fire Company, $10,994.25, and Ambulance Association, $4,916.86.
• Blue Ridge Mountain Volunteer Fire and Rescue Squad, $10,433.84, and Emergency Medical Services, $4,671.02.
• Always There Hook and Ladder Fire Company, $11,367.68.
• New Franklin Volunteer Fire Department, $10,994.25.
• Mechanics Steam Fire Engine and Hose Company, $10,906.62.
• Waynesboro Ambulance Squad, $4,916.86.
Grant awards may be used for construction or renovation of a fire company or ambulance facility; purchase or repair of firefighting, ambulance or rescue equipment; training; or debt reduction.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.